Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Leather spike & chain fringe cross body (DIY)


I was lucky to come across this hand-crafted, real Italian leather (Borgo Degli Etruschi) cross body purse at a thrift store. I snagged it new with tags for only $4.90. Having been to Italy and seeing similar bags for outrageous prices before, I am really giddy about this purchase.



Though the bag was a steal, it’s a good thing I already had a pair of impractical spiked gloves and extra chain lying around. I mixed images of all of the unaffordable chain fringe and spiked/studded bags I’ve been drooling over in my mind and this was born:



Sure, it’s no designer studs and grommets bucket purse or chain fringe hobo bag, but it’s a simple incorporation of both - and for less than $5, I’m more than content.


No comments: